Friday, June 04, 2010

Oh painful day!









Good morning Stuart,
I must warn you, the pictures are painful! What you are looking at is my main vine. It grew too fast a couple days ago and blew up on me. Ouch!!!!! I hate when that happens. So I cut it off about a foot behind the break. But the good news is that all is not lost! As the pictures show, I am training a new vine from the stump area as the new main. It is a good learning experience for anyone who loses their vine to an accident or rodent! Train a new vine in a good position and it will become the new main vine.
As you can see, I also gave my plant a hair cut. It is always good to get rid of small leaves around the stump for air flow. So my plant is kind of naked now, but just give it a few weeks! I also have put up temporary shade cloth to help prevent leaf burn. Have a great day! Jim