Monday, July 12, 2010

Ed in Tustin nee' Carlsbad

Good afternoon, Pumpkinistas!

Ed in Tustin's cucurbit juggernaut continues:

"Hi, Stuart,

Not quite the size of a small horse yet...but getting there. Guess it is the size of one of those exercise balls at this point (dwarfing the Coke can on the left side). Needed to tent it since the sun is starting to heat things up and I want to keep the skin pliable. Will probably even need a larger tent soon! Also, included a pic of some potential "Siamese twins". Is this fairly common in the pumpkin world?


By the way, if you are in the neighborhood, you are welcome to come by and check out my progress. Would appreciate any input you can provide. How are your plants coming along?

Ed in Tustin"

Hi Ed!

Thanks for the invitation! I'll let you know if I'm going to be in the area. Sounds like fun. To answer about your Siamese twins, I have seen this occasionally. The challenge is if both flowers were pollinated, the eventual fruits would tear the vine apart. Regarding my vines? I have been remiss. I hope to have some recent pictures and progress sometime this week.