The 2015 Pumpkinmania! Giant Pumpkin
Weigh-off & Contest
This Sunday, October 25, 2016, 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
5380 University Drive, Irvine, CA 92612,
please visit: www.tanakafarms.com for directions/details
(Note, there is a $2.00 admission fee
to enjoy Tanaka Farms, a bargain at twice the price.)
Registration: 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m.
The final weigh-off will begin at 11:30 a.m.
Contestants will be competing for $1,800.00 in cash and prizes!
Here are the rules:
Contest Rules & Regulations
1. This is an open competition to all growers in any part of the world.
2. The pumpkin must be grown by the grower and in the country where the grower resides.
3. A grower may enter only one pumpkin, and no family may enter more than two entries.
4. Entries will be received between 8:00 a.m.-11:00 a.m. on the day of competition.
5. Entries must be sound, healthy, and undamaged. This means free of rot, holes or cracks through to the seed cavity, chemical residue, soil should be wiped off, and no soft spots.
6. No foreign material is to be included in the weighing. Vine must be trimmed within 1.0” from the stem of the fruit. Judges reserve the right to fully inspect each pumpkin before the weight is announced and official. Refusal to allow inspection of a pumpkin will result in its disqualification and a potential ban for life from future Pumpkinmania! competitions.
7. Any pumpkin previously entered in or weighed at any other competition prior to the contest will be deemed ineligible.
8. In the event of a tie, prize(s) will be combined and split equally among entrants.
9. Decision of the judges will be final in all cases.
10. Contest sponsors and staff shall not be liable for compensation for loss, damage, and/or death to any pumpkins, contestants, their families and friends, or personal property. All entrants completely and totally indemnify the sponsors and organizers of the weigh-off and contest.