Sunday, October 07, 2007


An Update from Chris Barnhill of The Fullerton Arboretum


"Stuart-

I got your name from some folks here at the Fullerton Arboretum who tell me you are quite fond of growing pumpkins, including the big whoppers! This year we grew hundreds of pumpkins and gourds in the garden and had a lot of fun doing it. I am currently the one in charge of running the grounds and we are definitely going to grow lots of pumpkins and gourds next year. Our biggest pumpkin this year was just 100lbs, but we weren’t trying to grow monster pumpkins, just many different kinds. The reason I’m writing is to ask if you have seed from a good size pumpkin that we could try next year… I might also purchase some GIANT seed on line.
Attached are some pictures of this years pumpkin harvest.

Sincerely,

Chris Barnhill"

I'll set aside a few "pedigreed" giant pumpkin seedlings for the arboretum's 2008 efforts!

Stuart