Wednesday, May 24, 2006

New Giant Pumpkin Exhibition Patch in Hawaii!

Good morning, Pumpkinistas!

I have received word from my cousin Michelle in Honolulu, that her giant pumpkin seeds have sprouted. So, there will be another giant pumpkin exhibition patch this season!

Please stop by if you happen to visit Honolulu during the next few months, (maybe longer since the great weather should extend Michelle's vine's life.) I suggest calling first, just in case.

Ishiharaya
94-101 Waipahu Depot Road
Waipahu, HI 96797
(808) 671-3175

Ishiharaya, famous for its signature line of Plantation Tea Cookies (senbei), was originally founded in 1920, making it one of the oldest businesses still in operation in Honolulu. Michelle is the official spokesperson and her boyfriend Ira is responsible for making their cookies and is also the grandson of the founders of Ishiharaya. (I know that whenever I see Michelle, she always has something very delicious and creative to eat with her from the store.)

The warm weather is having an almost magical effect on the growth of my seedlings, I hope it's having the same effect on yours!

Aloha,
Stuart