Good evening, Growers!
I am very happy to inform you that Plant Depot will be hosting a giant pumpkin growing workshop this season!
So, here's the 2007 "Extreme Gardening: How to Grow a 500-Pound Pumpkin Workshop" World Tour:
- Sunday, March 25, 12:00 p.m., Blue Hills Nursery, 16440 East Whittier Boulevard, Whittier, 90603 (562) 947-2106 http://www.bluehills.com/
- Saturday, March 31, 10:00 a.m., Laguna Hills Nursery, 25290 Jeronimo Road, Lake Forest, 92630 (949) 830-5653 http://www.lagunahillsnursery.com/
- Sunday, April 15, 10:00 a.m., Batavia Garden, 1730 North Batavia Street, Orange, 92865 (714) 637-2360
- Saturday, April 28, 10:00 a.m., Cedros Gardens, 330 South Cedros Avenue, Solana Beach, 92075 (858) 792-8640 http://www.cedrosgardens.com/
- Saturday, May 5, 10:00 a.m., Plant Depot, 33413 San Juan Creek Road, San Juan Capistrano, 92675 (949) 240-2107 http://www.plantdepot.com/
- Saturday, May 12, 11:00 a.m., The Huntington Library, Art Collections and Botanical Gardens, 1151 Oxford, San Marino, 91108 (626) 405-2104 http://www.huntington.org/ (Workshop is included in the price of admission.)
- Saturday, May 19, 10:00 a.m., Orange County Farm Supply, 1826 West Chapman Avenue, Orange, 92868 (714) 978-6500 http://www.ocfarmsupply.com/
- Sunday, May 20, 11:00 a.m., Green Thumb, 23782 Bridger Road, Lake Forest, 92630 (949) 837-3040 www.greenthumb.com
Workshops are free to the gardening public and range from 60 to 90 minutes, depending on questions and answers. All attendees will receive a packet of 'Atlantic Giant' giant pumpkin seeds, detailed written instructions, and a Giant Pumpkin Grower's Journal. Depending on germination rates and the growing season, giant pumpkin seedlings are given away to workshop attendees as prizes. To reserve a seat, please contact the venue where you'd like to attend directly. There are seating limitations, so please contact the workshop location you would like to attend soon! Thank you very much!
The medium red clover (trifolium pratense) I planted February 17th, germinated, and has been growing nicely in spite of the kooky early spring weather we've been having.
Hope to see you at a workshop!