Monday, May 23, 2011

This year's hole was about 42" deep

The finished mound

Soaker hose applied to the mound.



Michelle, patiently waiting for her 1,000 pound pumpkin to appear.

2011 Soil, mound, irrigation, seedling transplanting chronology

Good morning, Pumpkinistas!

Well, here it is. I have posted pictures of the hole dig, mound creation, soaker hose application, and finally, seedling transplanting, above.

My seedlings were transplanted yesterday morning. Yes, I missed the full moon of May by 5 days, but last week's rainy weather was the reason. It's better not to transplant in muddy soil conditions. Fortunately, because of the cold weather conditions, initial rabid seedling growth slowed down. It's supposed to be cool through Friday, so I left the box open, with the seedlings exposed.

My 2011 season commences!