Sunday, December 04, 2011


Ross in Washington State's Season!

Good afternoon, Pumpkinistas!

I received these great pictures and a brief account from Ross in Washington, near Lynwood:

"This years fruit of the vine. The largest was an unofficial 225 lbs. I made lots of mistakes, had stem splits on all the vines, and what I thought was going to be the largest got the mold. These are progeny from the seeds that you gave me in 2010 when you spoke at Emery's Garden nursery . Unfortunately, they went out of business. I've cleaned up the patch and wheelbarrowed two pickup loads of horse apples to compost over the winter. I'm looking forward to next year."  

It's very gratifying to know that a workshop attendee, now giant pumpkin grower, has had success growing a monster.

Thank you very much for sending in your update and pictures and good luck in 2012, Ross!