Sunday, June 03, 2007




The 2007 Seedlings Have Been Transplanted!

Good evening, Growers!
Taking advantage of Thursday, May 31st's Blue Moon, I transplanted my seedlings into the mound I prepared a couple of months ago. As you can see, two seedlings were planted, a soaker hose spiraled around the mound, and then a medium size cardboard box placed over the top of the mound to protect the seedlings. All told, it took about 20 minutes. Because of the anticipated cool weather, I set the time for 15 minutes per day, every morning at 6:00 a.m..
The images above this text, were taken this afternoon, the images below this text were taken Thursday. As you can see, it looks like the seedlings have taken, since they are roughly 3 times bigger today than they were on Thursday.
So, my season has begun!
Have a great week!
Stuart