Saturday, August 11, 2007



The Agony of The Crack: An Update from Mark Imhoof


Good very early morning, Growers!

This just in from Mark Imhoof:

"Stuart,

As you can see from the picture, there has been a setback in this year's entry. I had three fruit on three vines. The largest one outgrew its skin and, well, developed a blow-out. The other two look OK, but this one had a significant head start. I would not say they are getting the king's treatment this year. Even so, the larger one is probably around 300# and smaller one around 200#. Both are guesstimates; I have not measured them yet. At least the pooch hasn't taken an interest in them. Hope that all is well with you.-- Mark"

Thank you very much Mark! Good thing that Yukon doesn't like to eat pumpkin!(Once I get over the initial shame, I'll post some updated photos of my efforts so far this season... There is a good reason why I have been unusually silent this season.)

Have a great week!
Stuart