Monday, September 16, 2013

Robert of Orange

Good morning, Pumpkinistas!

It's always nice to hear from a workshop attendee that won a giant pumpkin seedling....

"Mr. Shim,

My name is Robert and I have a question about a pumpkin plant that I received from you back in June/July at the Farmers Market in Orange.

I did everything that you said about growing a giant pumpkin, and although it is still growing rather large, (Underlining and bold font added by S. Shim for emphasis) it is still white. When does the orange coloring finally come thru? Better yet, is this an albino Big Mac pumpkin that I luckily have because of genetics? I have attached a picture for you to see.

Thank you."

Thank you very much for your update, Robert! 

See you next month, October 27th, at Tanaka Farms for the weigh-off!