Good morning, Growers!
The big day is almost here! I thought the prizes, categories and schedule for this year's event would be of interest to you:
2006 Pumpkinmania 2006 Pumpkin Weigh-off & Contest
Categories & Prizes
Best Color-$50* Laguna Hills Nursery, trophy
Funniest Shape $50* Laguna Hills Nursery, trophy
Ugliest Pumpkin $50* Orange County Farm Supply, trophy
Youngest Grower-$25* Cedros Gardens
Most Experienced Grower-$25* Cedros Gardens
First Place $1,000, from Gardner & Bloome, trophy
Second Place $300, from Gardner & Bloome , trophy
Third $200 Place, from Gardner & Bloome, trophy
Fourth/Fifth Places, $50*, from Batavia Garden Nursery
All winners will receive 1, 18 ounce bottle of Neptune’s Harvest Fish and Seaweed Blend Organic Fertilizer, worth $10.00 retail. The top 5 finishers in the Biggest/Heaviest Pumpkin category will also receive a 100 cc bottle of HB-101 Organic Plant Growth Enhancer, worth $25.00 retail.
Pumpkinmania! 2006 Giant Pumpkin Weigh-off & Contest
8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.-Entry Registration
11:30 a.m.-Other Prizes Judging
12:00 p.m.-Giant Pumpkin Weigh-off Finals, Judging and Awards
Time Warner cable television will be covering this year's event, so be pleasant ;-) and answer their questions!
Many thanks to our sponsors!
· Gardner & Bloome
· Tip Top Bio-Control
· Neptune’s Harvest
· Batavia Garden
· Armstrong Garden Centers
· Orange County Farm Supply
· Laguna Hills Nursery
· Garden Compass Media
· Cedros Gardens
· HB-101, Organic Plant Growth Enhancer
· Crainco Inc., Crane Services
· Roadkyll Graphics & Screenprinting
· U-Haul International
· Dill’s ‘Atlantic Giant’ Pumpkin Seeds
· Seitz & Shim, LLP
· Dr. Earth
Pumpkinmania! 2006 Pumpkin Weigh-off & Contest
Rules & Regulations
1. This is an open competition to all growers in any part of the world.
2. The pumpkin must be grown by the grower and in the country where the grower resides.
3. A grower may enter only one pumpkin, and no family may enter more than two entries.
4. Entries will be received between 8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. on the day of competition.
5. Entries must be sound, healthy, and undamaged. This means free of rot, holes or cracks through to the cavity, chemical residue, soil, and soft spots.
6. No foreign material is to be included in the weighing. Vine must be trimmed within 1.0” from the stem of the fruit. Judges reserve the right to fully inspect each pumpkin before the weight is announced and official. Refusal to allow inspection of a pumpkin will result in its disqualification.
7. Any pumpkin previously entered in or weighed at any other competition prior to the contest will be deemed ineligible.
8. In the event of a tie, prize(s) will be combined and split equally among entrants.
9. Decision of the judges will be final in all cases.
10. Contest sponsors and staff shall not be liable for compensation for loss or damage to any pumpkins, contestants, their families and friends, or personal property. All entrants completely and totally indemnify the sponsors and organizers of the weigh-off and contest.