Monday, September 18, 2006



Bill D. in Solana Beach: Progress since June 24th!

Hello, Pumpkinistas!

Well, if you were wondering about the pumpkin vine that was being grown by Bill D. in Solana Beach in a blue plastic barrel, wonder no more:

"Hi Stuart,


I think that my drum pumpkin has grown as much as it can for its limited soil and leaf production. Probably about 35 lbs. I am still amazed that it made it this long without being vandalized. There is a lot of foot traffic in the back of the facility where I planted the pumpkin. Cal Trans is making some freeway modifications and removed the property fence. Our building has been trashed a few times; so I will name this little guy "Lucky".

You may be interested in a good remedy that I discovered to quickly repair vine splits. Your readers may also benefit from this information. I used Dap brand Kwik Seal tub and tile adhesive chalk. It works like magic with no negative side affects. It can be found in just about any store like Home Depot or Wal-Mart. Most of us have a dried up tube of this stuff laying around the house. Good luck at the weigh-off!

It was a good experience.

I will do it again next year.


Best regards,
Bill"

Thank you very much, Bill! I think you have a contender for Best Color!

Sincerely,

Stuart