2006 Giant Pumpkin Weigh-off & Contest
Rules & Regulations
1. This is an open competition to all growers in any part of the world.
2. The pumpkin must be grown by the grower and in the country where the grower resides.
3. A grower may enter only one pumpkin, and no family may enter more than two entries.
4. Entries will be received between 8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. on the day of competition.
5. Entries must be sound, healthy, and undamaged. This means free of rot, holes or cracks through to the cavity, chemical residue, soil, and soft spots.
6. No foreign material (water, uranium, mercury, et. al) is to be included in the weighing. Vine must be trimmed within 1.0” from the stem of the fruit. Judges reserve the right to fully inspect each pumpkin before the weight is announced and official. Refusal to allow inspection of a pumpkin will result in its disqualification.
7. Any pumpkin previously entered in or weighed at any other competition prior to the contest will be deemed ineligible.
8. In the event of a tie, prize(s) will be combined and split equally among entrants.
9. Decision of the judges will be final in all cases.
10. Contest sponsors shall not be liable for compensation for loss or damage to any pumpkins, contestants, or personal property. All entrants completely and totally indemnify the sponsors and organizers and staff of the weigh-off and contest.
11. For updates, including any changes to the weigh-off & contest rules & regulations, please refer to: www.pumpkinmania.blogspot.com
Good morning, Growers!