Friday, April 17, 2009

The Orange County Fair Giant Pumpkin Competition!

Good morning, Pumpkinistas!

I received this information about the Orange County Fair's Giant Pumpkin Competition from Evy Young, and wanted to pass it along to you. There's also a link for details: http://www.ocfair.com/2009/docs/09_FGGiantPumpkinContest.pdf


"Hi Stuart,

I was just visiting your blog and it looks like you had good turnouts at your workshops. Good pics too...and I like the banner :-). Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that the Competition info (for Farm & Garden, Floral, and especially the Giant Pumpkin Contest) is available on-line at
www.ocfair.com. Just click on "The Fair" tab at the top. Guides are available to view, download and folks can even register now if interested. I hope we get a good turnout for the pumpkin contest, especially with the $1,000 1st place prize money :-). I'll attach a copy of it for you as well, in case you wanted to forward it to anyone.

Thanks again for all your help!


Evy E. Young
Centennial Farm/Livestock
Agriculture Education Supervisor"
Thank you very much, Evy!