Monday, June 15, 2009

Jim Fredricks: Back in the Game!

Good morning, Pumpkinistas!

After a 2-year hiatus, Jim Fredricks is back in the game, and sends us this dispatch:

"Hi Stuart,

Just wanted to say hi. I took a couple years off growing and am now back in the game with a new patch. My old patch was at a friend's house and it got sold! Ouch! It was a great place to grow and produced big fruit. This is my new area, next to my house. I have questions on soil fertility and some more shade than I want in the morning and evening, but gonna give it my best to go big. My plant does not like the hot sun, so I put up shade cloth of 40% over the patch, along with misting if it needs it on hot days. I just pollinated at 12 feet out and have two more fruit that will flower in a week on the main.

Hope your season is going well!

Sincerely,

Jim Fredricks, San Diego, CA"

Thank you very much, Jim! So far, so good!