Monday, June 08, 2009







The Lockeford Great North Star Pumpkin Seedling is Transplanted!

Good morning, Pumpkinistas!

I received these great images from Todd Slinde of Kellogg Garden Products this morning. The Lockeford location's seedling (1,072 Sandvik seed) is in the ground, protected from the elements and very large animals with a cardboard box. In addition, the Lockeford team has created a very poetic name for their collective efforts: The Great North Star! I like it, their facility is in Northern California after all. I'll ask if they oriented the seedling to take advantage of any special celestial energy.

I am wondering: How do they plan to water the seedling? I am guessing it will be by the tallest person available using a very long water wand.

The Ontario facility is strangely and unusually silent.