Monday, July 13, 2009




Jim Fredricks: Back from the hospital, back in the fray!
Good morning, Pumpkinistas!
If you look in the dictionary under giant pumpkin dedication, the name Jim Fredricks should appear.
"Stuart,

Here are a few pictures. I had a hard couple weeks, ended up in the hospital for 4 days with a bacterial infection in my gut. Patch took some neglect, but survived. I'm doing better but still gaining my strength. Looks like my hopes of a monster will go unfulfilled this year unfortunately. Pumpkin just wants to grow slow and steady. We'll still grow it as big as we can get, but there is always next year's hope for a monster. The pumpkin is day 26, gaining around 18 to 20 lbs a day.
I would need to be over 30 lbs a day for that special fruit!
Hope all is well!
Jim"

Hope you are 100% again very soon, Jim!