Friday, July 31, 2009





Jim Fredricks, San Diego: 550 Pounds and Growing!



Good morning, Pumpkinistas!


Here's the latest in the race for the biggest and the baddest pumpkin in the patch from Jim Fredricks in San Diego:


"Stuart,

Just an update on the patch for you. The fruit is now at day 46 and estimated at 550 lbs. The weather has cooled to the low 80's, I hope it goes back up to the 90 degree mark, she grows better in warmth. She is doing around 16 lbs a day now. She is really filling out sideways. I think it will be a nice looking fruit! Hope she hangs together and keeps growing slow and steady on the decline. I also included a picture of my stump, hard to tell in the photo, but it is really big. I also put a baseball by the fruit for size comparison.


Jim"


Jim, it's big everywhere, not just the stump! Great job!