Tuesday, July 14, 2009


Martha Treadway Visits the Orange County Fair and the Santa Ana Zoo!
Good morning, Pumpkinistas!
It's fair time! Martha Treadway has been a very busy educator and pumpkin grower! Martha sent in these pictures from the Orange County Fair, happening now, and the Santa Ana Zoo:

"Hi Stuart,

One of these pictures shows the entries for the Giant Pumpkin contest at the OC Fair. It was for 'Big Mac' pumpkins. I guess these must have been from last year's crop and kept 'safe'. The Fair is also giving away free seeds!

The other picture is a vine that is growing at the Santa Ana Zoo! I wish I could say that I planted it, but it was the Master Gardeners. However, I will take credit for talking to the Zoo Manager, Kent Yamaguchi, since last fall and encouraging this venture. Anyone visiting the Santa Zoo will be able to see it in the Crean Family Farm near the train station. Pumpkinmania is spreading!"
A big thank you to Martha for helping the cause!